Last Lines Quiz
Which books are these Last Lines from and who wrote them?
- Tomorrow is another day.
- The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
- He is coming, and I am here.
- The old man was dreaming about the lions.
- He loved Big Brother.
- It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.
- Oh, my girls, however long you may live, I never can wish you a greater happiness than this.
- Oh, Aunt Em! I’m so glad to be at home again!
- He reached the top of the bank in a single, powerful leap. Hazel followed; and together they slipped away, running easily down through the wood, where the first primroses were beginning to bloom.
- And the ashes blew towards us with the salt wind from the sea.
Answers are on the Answers page!
These are all well-known settings from novels, films, radio or TV. Who lived/visited these? See how many you know! Don’t scroll down to quickly – that’s where the answers are.
- Nelson Mandela House
- 23 Railway Cuttings, East Cheam
- Number 4 Privet Drive
- Wuthering Heights
- Central Perk
- The Chocolate Factory
And here are the answers:
- Delboy, Rodney and Grandad
- Tony Hancock
- The Worsleys (Harry Potter)
- Max de Winter (Rebecca)
- The Earnshaws and Heathcliff
- The O’Haras (Gone with the wind)
- The Ewings (Dallas)
- Peter Pan
- Willy Wonka